Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
A Few Noteworthy Promotions/Deals
As the biggest shopping day of the year approaches, more and more deals are coming to the surface. Here are a few notable deals that I came across today. All of them involve some sort of free money component. I love free!
Another Staples Gift Card Promotion
Staples has yet another gift card promotion offering a $5 promotional card free with the purchase of a $25 Staples gift card. Purchases are processed through Cashstar, meaning you won’t earn any office supply category bonuses, although Discover 5% 4th Quarter cashback should work.
While this promotion seems decent, I would only recommend it for people actually looking to shop at Staples. Also, to redeem the promotional $5 card, it must be added to a Google Wallet account, adding yet another hoop to jump through. Here are the full terms:
- For purchasing $25 or more on a Staples digital Gift Card at this website between November 24, 2014 and December 13, 2014, you will receive a $5 Promotional Card for use at Staples stores and Staples.com, while supplies last
- The $5 Staples Promotional Card will be sent to you in an email.
- You must save the Promotional Card to Google Wallet in order to redeem the card. Instructions on how to save the Promotional Card to Google Wallet will be included in the email.
- Any unused or remaining Promotional Card balance will expire after January 31, 2015, and cannot be redeemed after that date.
- The Promotional Card is subject to additional terms specific to Staples.
- The Promotional Card was not paid for by you, cannot be combined with any other offer, is not resellable or transferable, and is not redeemable for cash.
- Limit of 2 Promotional Cards per customer.
- Only 1 promotional card can be redeemed per in-store or online transaction.
Orbitz Cyber Monday Free $100
Orbitz is offering $100 off of a $100 or more prepaid hotel booking on Cyber Monday by using the promo code “VISACHECKOUT”. The promotion is good for bookings made on December 1, 2014 for travel between December 1, 2014 & June 30, 2015.
According to the terms, most major hotel chains are excluded. To find hotels which are participating, look for “PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE” on a hotel’s listing.
This is a great deal if you can find a hotel around the $100 mark. The promotion is limited to one per account. You can find the full terms & conditions here.
Free Victoria Secret Cards
It is now possible to get up to 60 Victoria’s Secret rewards cards with a value of $10-$500 each by emailing email@example.com. You can find the full details of the promotion over at the Deal Mommy.
I emailed per the instructions and received the following response almost immediately, “Thank you for your email. Your entry was received and we will send out your Victoria’s Secret Reward Card Code via email in about 5 business days. We will do our best to get the code to you as soon as possible.There is a maximum of 60 codes per person during the promotion period.”
It does appear that you can do this up to 60 times per person! Wow.
Hopefully one of these money making deals will be of interest to you. I know that Orbitz Cyber Monday deal is very interesting and my wife will be happy with those Victoria’s Secret codes! As for Staples, I will pass on this one, but if I had a planned purchase, then I would pull the trigger.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.