Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Family Travel For Real Life
This is just a quick reminder that the Family Travel For Real Life conference is this coming Saturday August 23, 2014 at the Hyatt House Dulles Airport North. While we have had a great response thus far, there are still some tickets available if you are going to be in the area.
I will be talking about extended family travel, while a number of other experts cover everything from family award booking to how to earn enough points and miles for family travel. It is sure to be a great event and I know that everyone will learn a lot!
Dia The Deal Mommy has been nice enough to organize everything and between you and me, she has done a FANTASTIC job. Tickets are $59 for one or $99 for two and include the entire conference plus lunch and an afternoon snack. Many of the speakers will be staying at the hotel, so there will be plenty of time for socializing as well.
I know that everyone is working hard to bring the best and most relevant information to those who attend. If you are still on the fence, all I can say is that I would be attending even if I were not speaking. I believe it will be that good. The schedule is below. Hope to see you there!
- 9:00-9:45: Registration and meet your fellow travelers
- 9:45-10:00: Welcome from The Deal Mommy
- 10:00-10:55: Shawn Coomer, Dad, from Miles to Memories on the topic of extended travel with your kids (with an assist from The Deal Mommy on Camp Mom).
- 11:00-11:55: Phil, Dad of 2, from Miles Abound on how to earn miles without opening 10 credit cards in one day or spending 20K a month and which programs are best for families.
- 12:00-12:55: Lunch (be sure to use this time to meet new friends and chat travel!)
- 1:00-1:55: Jason Steele, Dad of 2 and well-known points expert, on using those points on family travel (Have you ever tried to book 4 award tickets?)
- 2:00-2:55: Susan DeBruhl, Mom and Grandma, from Carolina Travel Girl on lodging options when a regular hotel room just isn’t gonna cut it. I’ll have lots to share on this topic as well, including how I rent condos worldwide for $35/night!
- 2:55-3:10: Afternoon Break and snack
- 3:10-4:05: Debra Schroeder, Mom of 2, from Traveling Well for Less on how to keep saving once you get to your destination.
- 4:05-5:00: Ask the Speakers session. Make sure to bring your specific travel questions!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.