Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
36 Hour Coaster Marathon!
While my post about Global Entry was supposed to go live today, the site is having some technical difficulties when it comes to photos, so that will have to wait until tomorrow. Instead, I have a question for you.
Would you ride a coaster for 36 hours straight? Via Park Journey, Six Flags Magic Mountain is looking for 24 people to ride their Colossus roller coaster for 36 hours straight. The event is part of the farewell to Colossus, which will be hosting its final riders on August 16.
Colossus opened in 1978 as the world’s tallest and fastest wooden coaster. Ridership has dwindled the past few years and the park has now decided to replace it with a bigger and more modern ride.
It is no secret that I love roller coasters and amusement parks. Colossus and Magic Mountain are special to me, since it was the park I visited most as a child growing up outside of Los Angeles. I have thrown my hat into the ring for the event. Hopefully I am chosen. Here are the details of the marathon.
- The marathon will start on Monday, August 4 at 9 a.m. and will end at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, August 5.
- Each hour, riders will ride for 45 minutes with a 15 minute break. At 3 a.m., the park will move you to the “other” wooden coaster, Apocalypse, for three hours while Colossus receives its regularly-scheduled maintenance. At 6 a.m., you’ll be back on Colossus to finish the marathon.
- Riders will be required to sign a medical waiver. If rider is under 18 years old, support person must be a parent or guardian and will be required to sign the medical waiver on the rider’s behalf.
- The park will provide regularly-scheduled meals to the riders throughout the marathon. Any special dietary needs are the responsibility of the rider and will be allowed to be brought in.
- Each participant is allowed to bring one “support” person. This person will be asked to wait in an area next to the ride and will be available to supply their marathon rider with any additional food and drink throughout the duration of the marathon.
- Marathon riders will be encouraged to document their marathon experience on social media during the 36 hours. Prizes will be awarded for best posts during the event.
What Do You Think?
So what do you think? Would you do it? Am I crazy? I’ll follow up to let everyone know if I am chosen to ride. Whether I go or not, I am sure it will be a fantastic and unique experience!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.