Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Fly for Just $54 with this New Southwest Summer Sale
There’s a new Southwest Summer Sale with fare prices starting at low as $54 one-way. You’ll find the lowest price on just one route, but could be more deals in there for slightly more. We’ve seen them offer lower prices in the past, but this is the summer, so it’s expected to pay a bit more.
Fares starting from $54 or 3,213 points one-way. Purchase from May 24 through May 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid June 19 through November 3, 2018
- Black out dares: August 31 & September 3, 2018.
- Domestic travel is valid only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Check all available fares here.
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Fares valid on domestic, nonstop service only.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Fares not available to/from Portland, ME.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards® tier status.
- See full terms on promo page
Southwest fare sales usually have good deals if you have any travel plans coming up this summer. With a Southwest Companion Pass this offer gets twice as good. Make sure to maximize your credit card rewards. Use Amex Platinum that offers 5x MR on airfare, Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x UR on travel, or Citi Prestige for 3x TYP on airfare.
Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
You can also book these fares with Southwest points, but there’s been a devaluation recently.
If you’re not crazy about Southwest boarding procedure, here’s a few tips from Mark that might make your next flight more enjoyable.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.