Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Chase and Southwest Announce New Card with 80,000 Bonus Points
Chase and Southwest Airlines have announced today the new Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Card. This is a new credit card for business owners with an enhanced day-of-travel experience and accelerated earning in key business spending categories. It comes with a 80,000 bonus and an annual fee of $199. That’s the highest-ever bonus in the Southwest portfolio. Let’s look at the details.
Earn 80,000 Points after you use your new Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Card to make purchases totaling $5,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Please allow up to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards account.
The bonus doesn’t have an expiration date.
This new Cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new Cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months.
Chase Southwest cards are subject to the Chase 5/24 rule.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Card benefits include:
- 9,000 anniversary points after your Cardmember anniversary
- 3 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines flights and hotel/car rental partners
- 2 points per $1 spent on social media and search engine advertising
- 2 points per $1 spent on internet, cable and phone services
- Four upgraded boardings per year (when available),
- Each anniversary year you will be reimbursed for the purchase of up to 4 Upgraded Boardings which are positions A1-A15.
- Upgraded Boardings may be purchased at the departure gate or ticket counter on the day of travel only, when available.
- Inflight WiFi Credits
- up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Fee Credit
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Card holders will also enjoy the same benefits as Premier Business Cardmembers, including:
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn tier qualifying points that count towards A-List and A-List preferred status (1,500 TQP for each $10,000 spend up to 15,000)
- Points earned count towards Companion Pass
- Points don’t expire as long as account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
And Cardmembers are always able to take advantage of the existing benefits of flying Southwest:
- No blackout dates or seat restrictions when you redeem with points
- Bags fly free®
- No change fees
This is a very attractive new card and one I suspect many people will be interested in. With 3X earnings on Southwest flights, 2X bonus categories and unique benefits like upgraded boardings and WiFi credits there is a lot of potential value as well. Yes the card has a $199 annual fee, but the 9,000 points you get each year make up for a lot of that.
Of course the best part is probably that 80K sign-up bonus which will get you at least 77% of the way to a companion pass after hitting the minimum spend. With that said Chase Business is stricter on approvals plus this card is subject to 5/24 so this one won’t be the easiest card to get for everyone.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Card is a great new option from Chase and Southwest. The card has a $199 annual fee, but it offers the best available bonus for Southwest points. With 80,000 points and at least 5,000 that you get from the spending requirement, you get pretty close to the Companion Pass.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.