New Southwest Sale, Flights Start at $49 One-Way
There’s a new Southwest ‘End of the Year’ Sale with fare prices starting as low as $49 one-way. You need to book by January 24th.
Fares starting from $49 one-way. Purchase by January 24, 2019, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid January 29 through May 22, 2019.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays.
- Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 29 through February 28, 2019, and April 23 through May 16, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday.
- International travel valid January 29 through March 6, 2019, and April 23 through May 16, 2019.
- International travel is valid Monday – Thursday.
- Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia, Costa Rica and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily.
Check all available fares here.
- 21-day advance purchase required
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that’s not guaranteed.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
- Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards® tier status.
- See full terms on promo page
With this Southwest fare sale you can usually find some good deals if you have any travel plans coming up. With a Southwest Companion Pass this offer gets twice as good. There’s a few options for the lowest price of $49.
Make sure to maximize your credit card rewards. Use Amex Platinum that offers 5x MR on airfare, Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x UR on travel, or Citi Prestige for 3x TYP on airfare.
Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
If you’re not crazy about Southwest boarding procedure, here’s a few tips from Mark that might make your next flight more enjoyable.