Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Southwest’s Slight Fare Increases and Cyber Week Sale
This week Southwest’s CEO confirmed that they would begin raising base fares on 90,000 of it’s routes. But not to worry, the price difference will only be a few dollars, between $3 and $5. The move is a counter measure to projected increases in operating costs. On another note, there’s a new Southwest Fare Sale with prices starting as low as $49 one-way. You need to book by 11/29.
Fares starting from $49 one-way. Purchase from now through November 29, 2018, 11:59 p.m. (tomorrow) in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid 1/14/19 – 2/28/19, and 4/23/19 – 5/16/19. International U.S. travel valid 1/8/19 – 3/6/19 and 4/23/19 – 5/16/19. Orange County, CA (SNA) fares valid for 2019 travel only.
- Check all available fares here.
- Continental U.S. travel valid 12/10/18 – 5/22/19.
- Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.
- 14-day advance purchase required for Continental U.S. and 21-day advance purchase required for San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
- See full terms on promo page
With this Southwest fare sale you can usually find some good deals if you have any travel plans coming up. With a Southwest Companion Pass this offer gets twice as good. There’s a few options for the lowest price of $49.
Make sure to maximize your credit card rewards. Use Amex Platinum that offers 5x MR on airfare, Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x UR on travel, or Citi Prestige for 3x TYP on airfare.
Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
If you’re not crazy about Southwest boarding procedure, here’s a few tips from Mark that might make your next flight more enjoyable.
HT: Travel Pulse
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.