Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
SPG Amex 2,500 Free Points
American Express is offering a very generous promotion where you can earn 2,500 valuable Starpoints for adding an authorized user to your SPG personal Amex card. Let’s take a look.
- Add an additional Card and earn 2,500 StarPoints
- The offer for 2,500 Starpoints expires on September 19, 2016.
- Card Members are limited to a one-time receipt of 2,500 Starpoints through this email offer.
- Bonus points will appear on your Starwood Preferred Guest statement 8-12 weeks after you add an additional Card.
- Additional Card Members must be at least 15 years of age and never have had a defaulted account with American Express.
How to Get the Offer
- Visit this link and login to your account.
- Enter the four digit CID on the front of your primary SPG personal Amex.
- Fill in the information of the person you are adding as an authorized user.
This is a great deal given the overall value of SPG Starpoints. I just stayed at a Four Points by Sheraton in Edmonton this past weekend for 3,000 Starpoints, so that shows you what these can potentially be worth. At minimum I would say this bonus is worth about $50, but in certain cases it can be worth much more than that.
Additionally, this extra card will also have a unique number which means it will also be eligible to receive Amex Offers both via the American Express website and also via Twitter if you register it. This can potentially save you even more money if you are able to utilize a good deal. Generally Amex Offers are better in the 4th quarter, so this could give you more ammunition for then.
I see this as a no-brainer as long as you are able to find someone to add to your account. Personally, I have already completed the offer and look forward to my points posting. I love offers like this that both have value and take little time. Enjoy!
HT: Dan’s Deals
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.