Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
SPG Spending Bonus
Amex has sent out a targeted offer for the personal SPG card where you will get an extra 5,000 Starpoints if you spend $5,000 on the card.
You can earn an extra 5,000 Starpoints after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your enrolled Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express between the time you complete enrollment and May 31, 2017. Enrollment period ends on March 31, 2017.
Check here if you’re targeted.
- Enrollment period ends on March 31, 2017.
- Spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases from the time you complete enrollment through May 31, 2017
- Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account.
- Qualifying purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of any cash equivalents. Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer.
- The extra points you earn during the Purchase Period as part of this offer are in addition to any other points you may get from using your Card.
- Extra points will be credited to your account 10-12 weeks after you reach the Purchase Requirement
We’ve seen these offers before for the Amex SPG card. I was targeted last time around, in October 2016, but not this time.
It’s a nice way to add SPG points to your account, which are hard to earn besides sign up bonuses. With this offer you’ll earn 2x Starpoints on $5,000 in purchases. Just make sure you’re targeted first, enroll and complete the spending a few days before the May 31, 2017 deadline to make sure your purchases post in time.
If you need more SPG points, both the personal and business cards have the highest ever offers available, at 35K each.
HT: Jason on Twitter
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.