It's Amazon Prime Day! Check out our curated Prime Day 2018 MASTER THREAD of Deals!
SPG Status Challenge
Starwood Preferred Guest has been offering status challenges for a few year, but finally there’s a dedicated page now where the requirements are laid out. Let’s take a look at the details.
EARN GOLD OR PLATINUM STATUS FAST WITH THE SPG STATUS CHALLENGE.
- Reach Gold – Stay 9 nights within 3 months (typically 25 in a calendar year)
- Reach Platinum – Stay 18 nights within 3 months (typically 50 in a calendar year)
Visit Status Challenge page.
- Must sign up by December 31, 2017
- You get to select your 3-month challenge period
- Must be an Are an SPG Preferred member.
- Must not have held same status or higher in the last five years.
- You are not eligible if you previously completed a Status Challenge promotion.
- Award nights do not count towards status challenge.
- Status upgrade will be reflected within 5-7 days of your last eligible stay
- You will retain status for the remainder of the year, all of 2018, up until February 28th, 2019
- See full terms
Platinum status is probably the most interesting option here since lots of people might already have Gold status through their personal or business Amex Platinum cards. It’s not easy to do 18 nights within 3 months, but not impossible if you’re really after elite status. This will be easier if you already have some stays planned.
Two years of Platinum status sure would be great, especially if you can find some cheap stays close to you to fulfill the requirements. You get your choice of welcome gift upon arrival, upgrade to best available room at check-in and complimentary Executive-level access at all properties.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.