Sometime in the middle of the night on Friday the weather took a turn for the worse. With our tour already booked, all we could do was hope that things would improve. After breakfast we drove to the I-site where the tour bus was scheduled to pick us up. The bus arrived just on time and before long we were on our way.The first thirty minutes of the drive took us through pine tree forests and sparkling meadows before we emerged at plain looking bay on the east coast of the peninsula.
I awoke on Thursday morning with a bit of nervousness about driving on the left side of the road. We had scheduled the rental car shuttle to pick us up at the hostel at 10am, but it never showed up. Finally at 10:30, we headed back inside to call and they informed us that the shuttle was delayed until 11. Needless to say we weren’t happy. but there wasn’t much we could do but wait. Eventually the shuttle did come and by 11:30 I had signed all of the paperwork and we had a car locked up for the next thirty two days.