Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Total Rewards Wyndham Status Match Partnership
Yesterday Total Rewards and Wyndham announced a new cooperative match agreement between the two programs. As part of the deal, the following statuses will be matched:
- Wyndham Rewards Platinum = Total Rewards Platinum
- Wyndham Rewards Diamond = Total Rewards Diamond
As a reminder, here are the various perks associated with these tiers in the two programs.
Transfers, Earnings & 15K Rooms
- Also beginning later in 2017, points will be transferable between these two programs at a 1:1 ratio with an annual cap of 30,000 points transferred per year.
- Total Rewards properties will also be bookable at a 15,000 point per night cost, which can be a great deal on some busier days. Of course the rub is that we still need to see how many rooms will be made available.
- If you book a Caesar’s stay through Wyndham you will receive both Wyndham and Total Rewards points and stay credit.
- Wyndham Diamond members make out great in this deal since they will have waived resort fees and access to the very nice Total Rewards Diamond Lounges.
- Total Rewards Diamond members will find Wyndham Diamond to be less rewarding considering the abundance of lower end properties in their portfolio. Still, some of their higher end resorts are very nice and benefits like a suite upgrade, welcome amenity and late checkout might come in handy. No free breakfast though. 🙁
You can find out more about this partnership and match your status here.
While this isn’t a blockbuster partnership, it is nice to see Total Rewards hitch up with another company following the ending of their SPG deal. In the end points transfers are interesting given the co-branded card offerings and I suspect Wyndham Diamond members will be quite happy with their new Total Rewards Diamond membership.
What do you think? Is this a good partnership for both companies?
HT: The Points Guy
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.