Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Uber Gift Card Holiday Discount
Perhaps the simplest of all of the deals is the following Uber offer:
This offer basically gives 15% off a variable load Uber gift card with a value anywhere from $15-$500. You would also earn 60-2,000 fuel points ($.06-$2 off per gallon) when combining with the 4X fuel points offer mentioned in yesterday’s post. Keep in mind most areas limit you to use $1 off in fuel points per transaction, although some areas don’t have that restriction.
Loading Uber Gift Card
Uber gift cards are great since they can be loaded to your account and are good on both Uber & Uber Eats. For people who use these services often, the discount amounts to free money.
To load the Uber gift card to your account:
- Open the Uber app and navigate to the payment screen
- Scroll down and click “Add Promo Code”
- Type in the code found on the back of your Uber gift card
- Once the card is accepted you will see a gift card balance under the credit section as shown below.
Need to Know
I have personally tested this deal by purchasing a $50 Uber gift card and applying it to my account.
Here is what I can confirm:
- The 15% discount is instant. I saved $7.50 on my $50 card and thus only paid $42.50
- I did earn 4X fuel points (200 fuel points) on the purchase
- Uber gift cards found at Kroger are variable and can be loaded with $15-$500 as mentioned above
While there are a ton of great deals as part of Kroger’s sale, I think this one might be the most useful to some people. With the widespread popularity of these services and the ability to purchase up to $500 at a discount, I can see a ton of people saving money with this offer.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.