Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
United 25% Off Awards to Europe
Until June 28, 2016 United is holding an award sale to Europe and the discount is very very good. Normally roundtrip rates cost 60,000 miles, however during the sale they will only cost 45,000. Let’s take a look.
For a limited time, enjoy a discount of 15,000 miles on roundtrip MileagePlus Saver Awards in United Economy® when you travel from the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada to Europe. (United metal only.)
- Book by June 28, 2016, and travel between August 23, 2016, and March 31, 2017, to take advantage of the discounted rates.
- This offer for discounted Saver awards is available to all MileagePlus members.
- Saver award discount is only valid for air travel.
- Promotion period ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on June 28, 2016.
- Blackout dates: Offer is not valid for any travel occurring during the period beginning on December 15, 2016 and ending on January 8, 2017.
- Offer is valid for travel on all days of the week.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between Europe and the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy.
You can find the full terms of the promotion here.
While it is probably too late to get a credit card to earn United miles, Ultimate Rewards can be transferred to United, making it fairly easy for many to top off their accounts for a redemption. While the holidays are blacked out and the end date is before Spring Break for most, this is still a decent deal to get to Europe for cheap.
United serves a lot of cities in Europe and I have found their award space, especially in economy is fairly good. In other words, you probably shouldn’t have too much of a problem finding some sort of trip or route that works for you. You can find a full list of United routes to Europe here.
With all of the devaluations we have had to suffer through the past few years, it is good to see some sort of deal from time to time. While many “travel hackers” don’t like to fly in coach, those with families know flying in the back is often required to make a trip work. Luckily if the dates of this promotion fit within your schedule, then a European vacation for 25% cheaper may be on the horizon. Enjoy!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.