Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
United MileagePlus Explorer Card 60K – New Targeted Offer
Chase has sent out fliers and emails for a new targeted offer of 60,000 miles for the United MileagePlus Explorer card. The offer ends on October 31, 2017.
Details on the Bonus vs Historical Highs
Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in the first three months your account is open. 5,000 bonus miles after you add an authorized user to your account and they make a purchase within 3 months of account opening. There have been bonuses offered up to 75,000 miles and $50 in the past.
The Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card has a few bonus restrictions:
- This product is not available to either current cardmembers of this credit card, or previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
- The United MileagePlus Explorer Card falls under Chase’s 5/24 rule even if you have been targeted.
The Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card has the following earning structure:
- 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United
- 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
The United MileagePlus card comes with a few nice perks, they are as follows:
- Free first checked bag for you and a companion on United operated flights when you purchase your tickets with your card.
- Priority boarding
- Two one-time United Club passes each cardmember year.
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to special events and unique experiences
- In the past cardmembership has lead to higher portal pay outs and more award seat availability.
See if you are targeted by going to this site and logging in to your United account
Annual Fee: $95 (not waived the first year)
Sign Up Bonus Value $900 ($825 net)
United miles are worth around 1.5 cents on average. That makes 60,000 miles worth around $900. When you subtract the $95 annual fee you get a net value of $825 for this targeted offer. Feel free to substitute in your own value for United MileagePlus miles.
While 60,000 miles is not as high as previous targeted offers of 75,000 and $50, it is still an improvement over the standard 40-50,000 mile offers. If you are in need of United miles, were targeted, and fall within the bonus requirements it is a very tempting offer.
Getting 2 round trip flights, for essentially $95, is always a win in my book. The Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card comes with a few decent perks (free checked bags, 2 lounge passes) that help offset the $95 annual fee too.
Were you targeted for the offer? Do you think the increase is worth an application? Let us know in the comments!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.