Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
United MileagePlus Holiday Bonus Promotion
While all of the major airline portals have had bonuses this year, United has by far had the most. Earlier in the holiday season they held a bonus promotion and now they are back with a deal that gives the highest bonus payout per dollar I have seen in awhile.
Earn award miles and your holiday bonus when you shop through December 20.
- Spend $100, earn 500 bonus miles
- Spend $200, earn 1,500 bonus miles
- Get It In Time Holiday Bonus bonus campaign runs from 12/13/16 through 12/20/16 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”).
- Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 1,500 MileagePlus® bonus award miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard MileagePlus miles earned from shopping online through the MileagePlus® Shopping mall.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
You can see the full details and terms here.
There are two really great things about this bonus. First, the spending threshold is low, meaning that most people will be able to trigger it. Second, if you spend $200 then you are earning a bonus of 7.5X on top of the normal payout through the portal. That is darn good.
As always use Cashback Monitor to make sure you are getting the best payout even when factoring in the bonus, but I suspect you will be considering the generosity of the payout. Happy shopping!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.