Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
US Bank Adds Real-Time Rewards, Use FlexPoints for Travel Booked Anywhere
U.S. Bank has made a great enhancement to its FlexPerks program making its points more versatile. The maximum redemption value is still 1.5 cents a piece, but with US Bank Real-Time Rewards you can now book travel anywhere, not only through the US Bank’s travel portal.
US Bank Real-Time Rewards
U.S. Bank has introduced Real-Time Rewards. You can now redeem FlexPoints for travel booked anywhere. You need to log into your online account and enroll in the new feature. Here’s how it works:
- Use your mobile device to immediately redeem points for a statement credit that offsets your credit card purchase.
- Choose which credit card purchases you want to redeem points for by responding to a text message that you will receive immediately after making a purchase.
Plus, if you activate now, you can earn 500 bonus FlexPoints. That’s worth $7.50.
The US Bank travel portal has its limitations, as is the case with similar programs that require you to book through their portal. Not all hotels are included and you do not always get the best rate.
With the new Real-Time Rewards feature that’s no longer the case. Here’s some of the positives that come with the new way of redeeming FlexPerks points.
- You can compare prices and book wherever you find the cheapest price
- You can book any property, even those not listed on US Bank travel portal
- You can earn cash back from shopping portals
- You can earn credit card rewards since you’re paying with a credit card
Points can be redeemed for all purchases. When you redeem for non-travel purchases you only get 1 cent value per point. So use them for travel expenses.
This is a nice enhancement of the FlexPerks program that gives you more flexibility in the way you use your FlexPoints. Real-Time Rewards are available for the US Bank Altitude Reserve and other FlexPerks earning credit cards.
HT: Frequent Miler
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.