Get a Venmo Debit Card and Earn up to $20 on Grocery Purchases
Venmo has an incentive to get people to order debit cards for their accounts. The physical card was released last year. You just need to make two purchases to get a bonus up to $20. Let’s check the details.
Some were targeted for an offer on restaurants as well.
Earn 5% cash back on eligible grocery store or supermarket purchases made with your Venmo card. Your grocery buys must be made within 30 days of your first Venmo card purchase, or by 6/30/19 (whichever comes first). We’ll drop the cash in your Venmo balance around 7/15/19.
Terms say that you must receive the offer in app, but I believe it’s showing up for everyone.
- Open only to residents of any one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who: (1) are eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Must receive an authorized in-app notification, e-mail and/or push notification inviting participation in the offer
- Eligible Purchases do not include: (1) purchases that are marked as “pending” in your Card account as of the end of the Offer Period, (2) ATM transactions, or (3) in-store cash withdrawals/cash back.
- Offer period starts at the time of the first authorized Venmo card purchase (regardless of MCC assigned to merchant where purchase was made) and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on the earlier of: (1) thirty (30) calendar days after the date of the Qualifying Transaction
- Eligible Participants will earn 5% cash back on Eligible Purchases; the maximum cash back amount is $20.00 USD. Eligible Participants must earn at least $0.50 USD minimum in cash back to receive Reward.
You get a bonus of up to $20 when purchasing groceries with a new Venmo card. Maybe not useful for those who already have cards that earn 5% on groceries, but could come in handy for some extra spending. Especially if you’ve been thinking of getting the card anyway.