Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Happy Mother’s Day! It has been awhile since I have been able to do a week in review, but I think it is time to boot it up again. For those who are newer to the site, each Sunday I highlight some of the most important news items from the week.
The photo I highlight each week is usually a throwback to some of our travels. Today we have a photo from my son’s first trip to Disneyland in 2005. We waited until he was old enough to get around without the need for a dreaded stroller. Good decision I think!
News From The Week
- Etihad announced the new first class experience aboard the A380 aircraft. Featuring apartments and a 125 square foot Residence, it is unlike anything commercial aviation has ever seen.
- In response to Lucky’s kickstarter campaign to pay for a ticket in Etihad’s new Residence, Drew at Travel is Free released a competing campaign to help his sister in law raise money to adopt a special needs child.
- US Airways started another buy miles promotions where they are offering a bonus up to 100% when you purchase Dividend Miles. With the 100% bonus, the price works out to be 1.88 cents per mile which is significantly higher than the 1.1 cents when they had their share miles promotion earlier this year. Hack My Trip has the details.
- The first two weeks of this year’s Daily Getaways have been released. While there aren’t too many great deals, a few stood out to me.
- American Express announced that they will open their 5th domestic Centurion Lounge at Miami International Airport by the end of 2014.
- The Chase Ink 60,000 point offers are going strong. Find out my thoughts and why both my wife and I personally applied for them.
- Seth at Wandering Aramean posted the slides from his recent FTU presentation about online tools including many that he designed himself. I highly recommend checking it out.
- This week I broke down each of my recent hotel redemptions across 5 loyalty programs which included $7,000 worth of hotel nights for under $200.
- On the cruise front, Royal Caribbean announced that they have ordered a fourth of their massive Oasis class ships.
- Finally, I conducted an interview yesterday with an amazing photographer Edin Chavez. I highly recommend checking out the interview and some of his photos. He is the real deal.
While this week wasn’t full of a lot of news, it was nice to see the Daily Getaways come out and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the deals will be when they are released. I am still going strong with the Staples deal since I think it is the easiest method of MS we have right now.
Other than that, I have enjoyed hearing from so many of the site’s readers this week. As always, please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy your day!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.