Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Wells Fargo is Offering a $1,000 Bonus for New Business Checking Accounts
Well Fargo has a promotion for new business checking accounts that can earn you a huge signup bonus. The requirements are not the easiest and you need to go into a branch to open the account. The offer previously expired at the end of March, but is being offered once again, until June 30th.
To earn the $1,000 bonus:
- Visit a branch to open a new Wells Fargo Platinum Business or Analyzed Business Checking Account by June 30, 2019 and bring the required business documents
- Fund your new business account with $25 or more
- Deposit $25,000 or more into the new business checking account by Day 10, and
- Have a $25,000 minimum balance in your account on Day 180, and
- Make 10 or more qualifying transactions by Day 180
- Debit card purchases/payments*
- ACH – Automated Clearing House (credits and debits)
- Checks paid from your new account (deposited and cashed)
- Mobile deposits
- Wires (credits and debits)
- Wells Fargo Business Bill Pay or Direct Pay
- Unique offer code can only be used once.
- Current business checking account owners and recipients of a business checking bonus in the past 12 months are not eligible
- Bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 45 days after eligibility and requirements have been met.
- Offer cannot be paid without providing a valid U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (W9)
The best account to open for this bonus is probably the Wells Fargo Platinum Business checking. It comes with a $40 monthly service fee that can be waived with a $25,000 monthly balance, which is also the balance required for the bonus.
You need to go to a branch and open this account, but it’s best to check first if they are offering it. Seems like it might not be available everywhere, or they are just not aware of it.
It’s possible that you don’t need to keep the $25K in the account the whole time, but it would be the safe thing to do. The wording of the offer makes it seem that you should be able to deposit $25K within 10 days and then withdraw it. You can then deposit it again so you have it in there in the 180th day. This is not guaranteed though and you would also get charged $40 per month if you don’t have $25K in there.
There’s no early closing fee for this account, but you have to keep it open for 7 months until you receive the bonus.
This is a huge bonus. Wells Fargo has branches in most states, so hopefully you have one nearby who is offering this promotion. Don’t wait until the end of the expiration to open the account, because sometimes these offers are pulled early. You are not eligible for the bonus if you have received one in the last 12 months or if you already have a business checking account.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.