Wyndham Rewards Visa Checkout Bonus
Wyndham Rewards is partnering with Visa Checkout to offer 5,000 bonus points for stays booked through their mobile app. Let’s take a look at the offer and why this is potentially a great deal.
How to Get the Bonus
To get the bonus according to Wyndham, here is what you need to do:
- BOOK with the Wyndham Rewards mobile app – Enjoy anytime booking at the touch of your fingertips, local eats and more.
- PAY using Visa Checkout – Choose Visa Checkout when you’re ready to pay and speed through checkout with one single sign-in.
- EARN 5,000 bonus points – After you complete your qualified stay, we’ll add 5,000 bonus points to your Wyndham Rewards account. Book by July 31, 2016 and complete your qualified stay by Aug 1, 2016.
You can find the full details and terms here.
Now that we have that out of the way, there are a couple of more things to look at:
- All Wyndham Rewards free nights cost 15,000 points no matter which property.
- There is a limit of two 5,000 mile bonuses per account.
This means that you could earn more than two-thirds of the number of points needed for a night at any Wyndham property. The great thing is that Wyndham has a ton of low end properties at which you could generate a cheap stay.
Sample Stay & Math
I live in Las Vegas which happens to have a ton of cheap hotels, especially midweek. For example, here is what I found for a stay on May 11, 2016.
This is the Wild Wild West Days Inn. If the “tax” looks high that is because it is. Apparently even a crappy hotel like this feels the need to charge a “Service Fee”. Anyway, $36 is still very cheap for a promotion like this. In addition to the bonus points, Wyndham pays 10 points per dollar OR 1,000 points whichever is more. This means that even a cheap booking like this gives 1,000 points.
This makes the math simple. This stay would earn 6,000 total points for a cost per point of .6 cents. Multiply by two and I would have 80% of the points needed for a free night at any property from $72 and my time checking into this place. I’m sure the math at your local Travelodge will probably be similar.
I wouldn’t advocate mattress running for this promotion unless you have a specific redemption in mind, but I can say that several beach properties including the all-inclusives are definitely worth taking a look at. Time is of course a factor here, but this could be a great way to top off your balance or to simply begin building towards a free night.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.