Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Alaska 5K Bonus New Members
Alaska Airlines has made a lot of news lately due to their completed merger with Virgin America. A couple of months ago they offered 10,000 free Alaska MilagePlan miles for Virgin Elevate loyalty program members who joined MileagePlan and earlier this week they announced the future of the combined airlines.
Now, they have yet another offer for new members and it doesn’t require Virgin Elevate membership to participate. Let’s take a look!
When you join Mileage Plan™ before April 30, 2017, and complete your first flight with us by September 30, 2017, you’ll earn 5,000 bonus miles.
- Bonus miles offer is valid only for new Mileage Plan members who enroll between March 23 and April 30, 2017, and complete a qualifying Alaska or Virgin America flight between the enrollment date and September 30, 2017.
- To qualify, the flight must be eligible to earn Mileage Plan miles and must be credited to the new Mileage Plan account; codeshare flights with other airlines do not qualify.
- An individual may receive the bonus a maximum of one time, even if they hold multiple separate Mileage Plan accounts.
- Offer is not combinable with other Mileage Plan enrollment or account activation promotions.
- Mileage Plan conditions of membership apply.
You can find the full details and terms here.
This is really a great deal, especially considering that it counts for Virgin America flights as well. Virgin America has a number of short range cheap flights that would qualify for this bonus. For example, a $49 one-way flight between Los Angeles and Las Vegas would be enough to generate the bonus miles.
One of the reasons Alaska miles are so valuable is because of their travel partners. For example, they have amazing redemption rates on Cathay Pacific and other partners. They keep adding new partners as well. Recently they added Hainan Airlines to their partner list and just last week Condor became a partner as well.
If you have never been an Alaska MileagePlan member & have travel plans that include cities where either Alaska Airlines or Virgin America fly, then this is a sweet deal to consider. Thankfully my family all got 10,000 free miles last month so we’ll be sitting this one out. Happy flying!
HT: Frequent Miler
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.