Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
This is one of our Great Deals posts. These posts are limited time offers which don’t appear on the main page. To receive Great Deals posts like this one direct to your email in real-time, subscribe here. Never miss a great deal!
Amazon Kindle Staples Deal – Get It For Less Than $30
Staples has a great deal on the Amazon Kindle with Special Offers. (Tip: Search for item 1376090 after clicking through the portal.) This is the base level Kindle and features 4GB of storage along with a touch screen. It is currently selling for $59 direct from Amazon.
- Amazon’s 6″ display with Pearl e-paper technology, 167 ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale
- 4 GB; holds thousands of books
- Built-In Wifi: Download books in less than 60 seconds.
- Kindle is lighter than most paperback books, making it easy and comfortable to hold in one hand for extended periods.
- With Kindle FreeTime, parents can set daily reading goals for kids, and reward them with achievement badges
- Weeks-long battery life
- 1 Year Warranty
Staples is offering the Kindle for $59 with a $30 mail in rebate in the form of a Visa gift card. The rebate has a limit of 10 per household and is good for purchases between 12/21/2014 & 12/27/2014, however the site is limiting purchases to one at a time.
By utilizing a shopping portal and a credit card with the office supply category bonus, the savings stack even further. Lets take a look at the math.
Basic Math (Full Math Below):
- Kindle: $59.00
- Rebate: – $30.00
- Portal 5% (Shop Discover or uPromise) – $2.95
- Total: $26.05
This purchase would also earn 295 Ultimate Rewards points with a Chase Ink card or you can get an additional 5% back by using your Discover card if it is registered for the 4th quarter bonus and you haven’t maxed out that promotion.
Also keep in mind that Staples Rewards members earn 2, 3 or 5% back on purchases depending on their level. Here is the math for me including sales tax with an Ultimate Rewards value of 1.7 cents each and my Staples Rewards Premier 5% back.
Full Math Including All Rewards:
- Kindle: $59
- Sales Tax (8.1%): $4.78
- Minus Rebate: – $30.00
- Portal Cashback 5% (Shop Discover or uPromise) – $2.95
- UR Value With Ink (319 points @ 1.7 cents) – $5.42
- 5% Staples Rewards – $2.95
- TOTAL COST: $22.46
If you live in a state with no sales tax, the total would come out to $18.08!
Your total cost will differ slightly from mine, but any way you slice it, less than $30 for a Kindle is a great deal. I personally use my Kindle when traveling all of the time, since it is much more convenient for reading than a tablet. For this price I am going to pickup a second one!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.