Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Yesterday a friend texted me about a deal he saw with hotel provider Travelpony. For those who don’t know, Travelpony is an online hotel booking site that offers discounted hotel room rates for select hotels. After finding out more about the company, I then found a post on Just Another Points Traveler explaining the deal in detail.
Travelpony is offering $35 if you sign up for a new account. (Please note this link does also give me $25 credit when you sign up and complete your first stay.) Additionally, they have a coupon code that gives $50 off on stays of two nights or more. (The code is: KATE50) These discounts are stackable and can be combined for an $85 savings!
After looking at the deal, I was convinced that I don’t have any two night stays coming up, but then I remembered Frequent Traveler University in April. I have a reservation at the Seattle Airport Marriott which is the host hotel, but I am always open to saving money.
Unfortunately Travelpony didn’t have the Marriott on sale, but they did have a $97 per night rate for the Holiday Inn. I have been to the area and know that the Holiday Inn is about a five minute walk away from the Marriott which isn’t a big deal to me. Additionally, the Holiday Inn is finishing a huge refurbishment and I am an IHG Platinum member, so my stay should be nice.
After taxes, the two nights for a refundable booking at the Holiday Inn came in at $220. With my credit and the coupon code applied, the total was only $135. Compare that to the Marriott which is $236 including all taxes and I think I am doing well.
Additionally TopCashBack is offering 10% back at Travelpony. (If you use my link to join TopCashBack I do receive a $10 referral.) There is a comment on one of the other blogs that TopCashBack is not working with Travelpony anymore. With that said, the 10% link is still active on their site and I did take screenshots. YMMV if it will work, but it doesn’t hurt to try.
How To Book
- Click the link and sign up for a Travelpony account. The $35 credit will automatically be in your account. Close the browser window or tab.
- Go to TopCashBack and search for Travelpony in the search box. Sign up if you don’t already have an account.
- Click the “Get Cashback Now” button next to the Travelpony listing on TopCashback and you will be taken to the Travelpony homepage. (You may or may not get the cashback according to reports.)
- Choose a city and dates in the search box on the main page.
- When you find the hotel you like, click the green “Book It” button.
- This will take you to a page with the room options. Choose the option you want and click the “Book It” again.
- Towards the right you will now see the screen with your price total. (Similar to the first picture in this post.) Click the plus sign next to “Apply Discount Code” and type in KATE50. You should now see that $50 has been taken off in addition to your $35 credit.
- Complete your payment information and click “Complete Booking”.
Whether TopCashBack works or not, this is a great deal. Getting $85 off a two night stay is not something that comes around everyday. If you have any stays coming up, take a look and see if you can find a hotel that matches up with your plans. I am happy that Travelpony helped me save $100 on my trip to Seattle this April!
Feel free to post your affiliate links in the comments below!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.