Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Cover Photo by Pictures of Money
First Merchants Bank Checking Account Bonus
First Merchants Bank has a $200 dollar bonus available for new customers who open a checking account (online, in-branch or by phone) with the minimum opening deposit of $100 by March 31, 2017. All consumer checking accounts are eligible for this bonus.
In order to receive this bonus, you must complete the following requirements:
- Use the promotional code CK200 online, in branch or call toll-free at 1.800.205.3464
- Have at least one direct deposit of $50+ within 60 days
- Make at least 6 non-pin based transactions with FMB debit card within 60 days
Account must be in good standing when the above conditions are satisfied. Once conditions are met, the $200 reward will be awarded within two statement cycles.
- Existing FMB checking account or accounts converting to another account are not eligible.
- You can only receive one reward per household per calendar year.
- Offer expires on 3/31/2017
- Apply online (no offer page available, was sent by mail)
All accounts are eligible for the bonus, but the eChecking account is your best bet. It has a $3 monthly fee, waived when you sign up for estatements.
This is a nice bonus that only requires a $200 direct deposit and 6 non-pin debit transactions. It’s always best to direct deposit your paycheck into the new account to make sure you qualify, especially since there’s no data points on what else might work for First Merchants Bank. Looks like a soft pull and you can also fund with credit card.
Apply sooner than later if interested. In the application, Indiana, Illinois and Ohio are singled out, so they maybe the states targeted with this promo. You’re still able to continue the application after you choose your state from the list of other states, but that may change.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.