Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Increased Citi AAdvantage Credit Card Offer
Yesterday Citi unveiled the new look of their cobranded American Airlines credit cards and today they have upped the public offer on two of them. The public offers on the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select and CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum cards has been increased to 50,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months. They are also offering two free Admiral’s Club passes as well and the $95 annual fee is waived the first year. Now lets look at the card details and application strategies.
Zombie Links & Flyertalk
As many who have been around the hobby for awhile know, there have been unofficial zombie links offering 50,000 miles for a long time. Many people don’t like to apply through unofficial links, since many don’t have a landing page with all of the offers details. I have never had that issue, but several people have voiced that concern to me.
For future reference, the Flyertalk thread pertaining to the Citi AA cobranded cards is always up to date with the latest zombie links and best offers. I suggest bookmarking it for the future. You won’t need it today though, since you can get a better offer right on the American Airlines website.
While the zombie offers did give the same 50,000 miles after $3,000 in purchases, the new increased public Citi AAdvantage credit card offers are actually throwing in two Admiral’s Club passes as well. Both the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select and the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Cards are included in this deal.
Benefits of the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select:
- Your first checked bag is free for you and up to 4 traveling companions.
- Group 1 Boarding.
- 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases on American Airlines and US Airways flights.
- $100 American Airlines flight discount every cardmembership year.
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back.
- 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines and US Airways purchases.
Benefits of the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum:
- First checked bag free.
- Group 1 boarding.
- Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines and US Airways purchases and on purchases in select business categories.
- Earn a 5% AAdvantage® mileage bonus with renewal of annual cardmembership.
- 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases on American Airlines and US Airways purchase.
- Earn an American Airlines Companion Certificate.
Based on many people’s experiences (mine included) you can only get one of the personal cards every 18 months. With that said, many people have been able to successfully churn the Business version of the card. There are more details in the Flyertalk thread. With that in mind, here are the understood rules about Citi credit card applications.
- You can only apply for 1 Citi card of any kind per week. (Most people wait at least 8 days.)
- You can only apply for 2 Citi cards of any kind every 60 days. (Most people wait 65 days.)
- You can only have 1 Citi Business card application every 60 days.
My Short Review
I have two of the personal versions of the card and my wife has had the business card in the past. This is a great way to get American Airlines miles without any fee at all. Additionally the free checked bag and priority boarding helps if you don’t have elite status. As I reported a couple of weeks ago, Citi has recently been waiving the annual fee on these cards pretty regularly upon renewal.
These new AAdvantage credit card offers are great for people who don’t like to apply through unofficial links. Not only do you get the 50,000 miles, but Citi is throwing in two Admiral’s Club passes as well. If you have any questions please let me know. Please note the links in this post are directly to the AA website and do not pay me any affiliate commission. Enjoy!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.