Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Ebates Birthday Week 2016 – 15% Cash Back
Ah May. It is the time when the flowers start blooming and when the Ebates shopping portal (referral link) celebrates its birthday. Last year they offered 16% back at Staples and this year from May 9 – May 16 they will be offering 15% back at over 250 stores.
A Birthday Week Preview
Yesterday Ebates sent out a “Coming Soon” email to members, however today they sent me a partial list of merchants that will be participating. Keep in mind that some merchants have different payouts for different categories. eBay is a good example of that.
15% Cashback Week
- American Eagle
- Lord and Taylor
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- +250 more stores
15% One Day Only
- Kohl’s – 5/9/2016
- Neiman Marcus – 5/9/2016
- Priceline – 5/11/2016
- Macy’s – 5/10, 5/11 & 5/16/2016
- eBay – 5/11-5/14/2016
- Barneys NY – 5/15 & 5/16/2016
- Bloomingdale’s – 5/9 & 5/10/2016
- ULTA Beauty – 5/9 & 5/16/2016
This is a very good list thus far, although there are a few merchants I am hoping will show up on Sunday. Let’s be honest though. They probably included all of the “juicy” merchants in this list and the remainders will be more niche stores. Either way, there is definitely stuff to work with here.
Here are some initial thoughts as I read through this:
- Hopefully Groupon and/or Living Social will be 15% across the board.
- I wonder what the eBay gift cards category will pay. (My guess is 3%.)
- If you have upcoming travel bookings, then Priceline and Travelocity look nice, but also watch for tiered categories.
- I wish the Kohl’s date coincided with their next 30% off which starts on May 13.
- There are a few stores where you can also get very nice discounts on gift cards.
New to Ebates?
If you sign-up for Ebates through my referral link (or anyone else’s) then I get $5 and you get $10 once you have made a purchase of $25+ within the first 90 days. Ebates is one of my go to portals and is a huge part of my shopping portal strategy which allows me to save a ton of money.
The Full List
I reached out to Ebates and the full list of Ebates Birthday Week 2016 merchants will be available on their website beginning on Sunday May 8, 2016 at 9PM Pacific time. Until then we’ll just have to be happy with this small preview. I am excited. How about you?
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.