Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Every week in this review article I start with a photo of one of my favorite travel memories. This photo is from Barbados where we stopped for a day in 2012 while on a Caribbean cruise. Not only was the beach picturesque, but they had a rope swing and other toys to play on.
While trying to be cool, I attempted a 360 degree flip coming off the rope swing and landed flat on my back as I hit the water. Everyone on the beach immediately looked at me as they knew that it hurt! My back did sting for about an hour, but the worst part was that I didn’t stick the landing!
This was actually a pretty slow week in the miles & points world, but I do have a few interesting stories for you. Lets take a look!
- A body was found inside the landing gear well of a South African Airways flight that landed at Washington Dulles.
- Chase & Southwest sent out four free drink chits to some holders of their co-branded credit card for Valentine’s Day.
- British Airways added Hong Kong as a stopover point for flights between Australia & Europe.
- US Airways moved their LAX operations from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3. An airside shuttle has also been started which connects terminal 3 to American’s terminal 4.
- This week saw more flight cancellations. Delta’s hub at Atlanta was particularly hard hit.
- Voting has opened for the Freddie Awards. The Freddie Awards recognize the best in travel loyalty programs.
- The Travelpony deal that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago is still going strong. $85 off a two or more night stay!
- American Airlines officially announced that Citi will be their credit card partner going forward. The Barclay’s US Airways cards will go away in 2015.
- I wrote two guest posts this week which were published on other blogs. Also in case you missed them, I reviewed the Grand Wailea & continued my review of the Norwegian Jewel.
This coming week I will have some really great information about my recent experience with IHG’s Best Rate Guarantee along with some in depth articles for both beginners and advanced readers. If you have any questions or comments please let me know!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.