Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
IHG Into the Nights Changes
This morning when I woke up, I noticed some chatter on Twitter that some people have had their IHG Into the Nights offers changed. If you are unaware, Into the Nights is a promo offering varying levels of points/free nights for completing a number of objectives such as staying a certain amount of nights or booking through their app. Points with a Crew has covered the promotion in depth.
After reading the reports, I logged into my IHG account and did indeed find that they had upped the amount of stays I needed to book through the app from 1 to 7. Unfortunately I did not take a screenshot after registering for the offer, however I do have an email that they sent to me a couple of weeks after the promotion began.
IHG’s Response to Into the Nights Changes
This morning after seeing this discrepancy, I reached out to IHG via Twitter and email. I just received a response a few minutes ago. Here is a quote with the full screenshot of the email:
“Initially you were not given the correct set of offers. Upon IHG Rewards Club Service Center realizing this error, the correct set of offers were assigned. The offers you now have are the correct set that have been personalized for you.” Here is a screenshot of the entire email.
Update: They have placed a statement on Flyertalk. Here it is:
We have been advised of the following:
· All affected IHG Rewards Club members who we know have made progress towards the offer, but then received a revised hurdle offer, will have their offer marked as “completed.”
· IHG Rewards Club will be sending a direct email communication to those members who have made progress toward their offer. We will be letting them know we will be honoring the original offer and marking their progress as complete.
· IHG will be honoring their original offer and IHG Rewards Club Members will see their offer as complete if they made progress toward it. If the members have yet to stay toward their offer, but have already registered, it will transition back to a hurdle of one stay to complete.
· IHG will not be changing any point values, so the members will receive the original amount of points that the offer showcased.
· IHG Rewards Club Members who have yet to register or to see their offers will receive the variable stay amounts. To those who may inquire why they have a variable amount, we are honoring the original offers that members saw when they received their offers. All members who are newly registering are receiving the correct variable amounts.
So it seems that they had a bit of a change of heart.
If you noticed that your promotion changed, know that based on their response, it seems that the changes were deliberate and not a glitch or mistake. Their Flyertalk statement seems quite a bit different than what I was told, but at least they will honor the original offers.
It still seems that they thought they could get away with changing the offer and that is a little troubling.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.