Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Giftcards.com Visa Gift Card Experience, Activation & Setting the Pin
Giftcards.com isn’t the most attractive option for purchasing Visa gift cards online. They charge a $4.95 fee per card plus another $2 in shipping, which makes a $500 card expensive relative to other options. With that said, sometimes they offer free shipping, so purchasing from them can be rewarding.
I recently made a purchase from Giftcards.com and was pleasantly surprised when I received the cards. The recipient’s name was embossed on the front and the words “gift card” were nowhere to be found. Those are two criteria I look for when purchasing Visa gift cards.
How to Activate Giftcards.com Visas Online
After pulling the cards out of their package I noticed the sticker on the front said to either call a number to activate the cards or to visit the Giftcards.com website. Unfortunately on their homepage there are no instructions for activation, but I was able to figure it out.
- From the homepage, click Visa Gift Card on the menu as shown below.
- Once on the Visa page, scroll down to the “Activate Card” section. Click activate card and you will be brought to the activation page. Here is a direct link to that page.
- On the activation page, enter in all of the card information and click to activate it.
- Once the card is activated, you will see a confirmation screen. This screen will show your card’s balance and the pin. Unlike other cards issued by Bancorp where the pin is set on first use, these cards have a pre-assigned pin.
Changing the Pin
- If you decide to change the pin, click the link as show above and you will reach a screen that looks a lot like the activation screen. You will then need to enter in the card information and check the box for “Check here if you would like to choose your own pin.” After doing that you will have to enter in the new pin in the field, successfully complete the captcha and then click “View Pin” to save your new pin number. It really isn’t intuitive.
- If you have done everything correctly, you will find yourself back on the same screen as before, except this time it will confirm the pin is updated and show you that the your new pin is set. This card is now ready to use!
Where to Use
These cards are issued by Bancorp (same as Vanilla) and thus should work fine to load REDbird at Target. Just like with Vanilla cards, they may or may not work at Walmart when loading in denominations under $50. I wouldn’t personally purchase them with the intent of loading at Walmart.
With free shipping being offered from time to time, I can see the GiftCards.com Visas as being a valuable option. I do wish that the pin was set on first use like with other Bancorp cards, however the activation process isn’t too difficult once you get the hang of it. These cards aren’t the best option around, but it is always good to be familiar with your options!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.