Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Amex Sending Out 100K Targeted Upgrade Offers For Bonvoy Brilliant
We covered the launch of the new Marriott Bovoy cards the other day. American Express is targeting some for large upgrade offers to switch from Bonvoy to Bonvoy Brilliant. This is similar to what they did with Ascend card holders after the Aspire card launched. People are seeing these offers via email or once logged into their American Express account in the Amex Offers section.
The upgrade offer is as follows:
- Earn 100,000 points after spending $5,000 within the first 3 months
- $450 annual fee
- Offer ends 4/24/19
When you upgrade a card with American Express be sure you keep it open for at least 12 months or you may face a clawback.
- 6X Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 3X Marriott Bonvoy points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines.
- 2X Marriott Bonvoy points on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world with complimentary Priority Pass Select
- 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your Card.
- Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
I love upgrade offers because you do not receive a hard pull for them and the lifetime language does not apply. If you do take the upgrade offer and you have never had the card you would be ineligible for the welcome offer in the future though. The Bonvoy Brilliant card replaces the SPG Luxury card which I gave a hard pass on. With it being an upgrade offer I think it is slightly better. This is a decent card for Marriott enthusiasts, of which I am not one.
Hat Tip: DoC
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.