Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
4th Quarter Spending Offers for Current Customers
With the 4th quarter now upon us and the holiday shopping bonanza fast approaching Barclaycard has been sending out spending offers for current cardmembers. I received one for the American Airlines Aviator card. Please let us know of any offers that you have received in the comments and I will add them into the post. A spending offer for any Barclaycard will do!
Aviator Spending Offer
Barclaycard tends to send out spending offers right around the time your annual fee is due. With my annual fee due next month I received my offer via email and standard mail. It is not as good as it has been in the past and I probably won’t pursue it. In previous years I would routinely get 15,000 AA miles after spending $500 a month for 3 months. The details of my offer this year are:
- Spend $1,000 or more in October, November and December with your AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard®and get 1,000 bonus miles for each month the spend level is achieved.
- Get an additional 2,000 bonus miles for spending $1,000 in all 3 months to earn a total of 5,000 bonus miles.
- Activate this limited-time offer by 11/30/17.
Barclaycard usually sends these offers out around your anniversary date to entice you into paying the annual fee. Even if you get an offer you think is worth paying the annual fee for make sure to call in and attempt to get the fee waived. People have been successful in the past when threatening to cancel and you will still be able to get the spending offer.
Let us know if you also got a spend offer for the Aviator card and I will add in any differing data points.
Other Barclaycard Offer Data Points Needed
We are also looking for data points for other Barclaycard’s products. Let me know in the comments if you received an offer for one of their other cards. We are looking for the:
- Arrival Plus
- Earn 5,000 bonus miles when you spend $750 or more in new purchases with your card each month in October, November and December
- (Back in May) Spend $750 for June, July and August and get 10,000 miles
- Wyndham Rewards
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Spend $1000 in Oct, Nov, and/or Dec and receive a 1000 bonus miles for each month plus an additional 2,000 miles for spending $1k in all 3 months.
- Lufthansa Miles and More
- Spend $1500 each month Oct, Nov, Dec, get 1000 bonus miles for each month and an extra 2000 if you complete all 3 months.
- Aviator Card
- Earn 3X American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $1 spent on all purchases you make, up to 10,000 miles (expires 4/30/18).
- Spend $500 or more in new purchases each calendar month in October, November and December¹ you’ll earn 15,000 bonus miles.
- Commerce Card
- $10 back when you spend $1000 in a month for the next 3 months. Plus a $30 bonus if you spend $1000 in all 3 months.
Or any others that come up.
While it is nice to see spending offers for current cardmembers the offer I received is very lackluster. When you consider the nose dive AA miles have taken over the last two years it is even less enticing. I will not be taking advantage of this offer but hopefully you got something a little more exciting!
Give us your data points below!!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.