Chase Bank Bonus Deal Expires Friday!
Bank bonuses are a great way to stuff your pockets with thousands of extra dollars per year. Sure, most bank bonuses are taxable unlike their credit card counterparts, but when you are getting hundreds of dollars at a time it can make sense.
One of the banks that has been rocking it lately with bonuses has been Chase. First they had a $500 bonus on their business checking accounts. That has since expired, but they also came out with a $500 combined bonus on personal checking/savings accounts. I covered that bonus last month, but thought I would remind everyone that it expires in two days!
As a reminder, here are the details of the $500 Chase bank bonus deal which expires on July 15, 2016:
- GET $300 for new Chase checking customers who open a CHASE TOTAL CHECKING® account and set up Direct Deposit.
- GET $200 for opening a new CHASE SAVINGS account, depositing a total of $15,000 or more in new money within 10 business days, and maintaining a $15,000 balance for 90 days.
And here are the key terms:
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- For checking bonus, make a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening.
- For savings bonus, make a $15,000 deposit (new money) within 10 days of account opening and keep that money in the account for 90 days.
- If either the checking or savings account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount for that account at closing.
Need to Know
- Offers like this come around from time to time, however they are almost always targeted. This time any Chase customer can generate a code. Just click this link to generate yours.
- The accounts must be opened in-branch.
I took advantage of this offer last year so I wasn’t able to do this one, but my wife opened up her accounts yesterday. Both of us also opened up business checking accounts with that $500 offer, so in the past couple of months we have earned $1,500 in bank bonuses from Chase. An interesting side effect is that we have gotten to know the banker at our local branch which may come in handy later, although my wife told me that he was talking about reading my blog yesterday, so I’m not sure what to think about that! 🙂
For more details, considerations and analysis of this deal, see my original post.
Are you going to be getting in on this Chase bank bonus deal? Have you already? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.