Upgrade to Amex Platinum, Get 60K Bonus Points
American Express has a targeted offer for some current cardholders with a bonus of 60,000 Membership Rewards points for upgrading to the Amex Platinum credit card. Let’s check the details.
Get 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the American Express Platinum Card in the first 3 months from the date your account is upgraded.
Check your accounts online to see if you are targeted. It pops up when you log in.
While the American Express Platinum card used to come with a $450 annual fee, it was upgraded last year with added benefits, a metal design and a $100 annual fee increase. The $200 annual Uber credit was perhaps the main addition. Now you can also get free additional Gold Cards, which help you to get even more awesome Amex Offers.
Here’s a list of what this card offers:
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- Up to $200 in annual Uber savings
- Receive up to $200 airline fee credit
- Up to $100 in annual Saks Fifth Avenue credit
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck: Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- Access to over 1,200+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Status
- Hilton Gold status
- Unlimited Boingo internet access
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
A good opportunity if you have had the card in the past and are targeted for this offer. If you’ve never had the card before then it’s best to wait for a 100K offer. You can check if you are targeted for this one.
HT: Doctor of Credit