Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Here are a collection of news items that caught my eye this week.
- Delta changed their lounge membership options in response to what they call “overcrowding”. From now on they will be selling a premium membership for $695 which allows for up to two guests. For $450 (currently the cost of a membership that allows two guests) they will have an Individual Membership option where guests cost $29 each. Additionally, those who gain access through their credit card like the American Express Platinum, will no longer be able to bring guests for free. Delta’s website has a full list of the changes.
- In another unfriendly move, after May 1, 2014 SkyTeam Elite Plus members will not have access to third party lounges when flying Delta. The Wandering Aramean covered the change in detail.
- Club Carlson launched their first 2014 promotion. If you stay 3 nights they will award 38,000 bonus points. I compared the early 2014 hotel loyalty promotions including the Club Carlson offer this week.
- American Airlines launched their A321T Transcon flights between Los Angeles and New York. Amol at Hack my Trip had a great review of the new 1st class product and Gary Leff reviewed the business class product.
- The InterContinental : Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort in Koh Samui is pricing out at only 25,000 points per night. This is a great price if you will be in the area and can find dates with availability.
- American Airlines and US Airways initiated the next step in merging their two loyalty programs. You can find out the full details here.
- We are running a contest for a free GoGo code. All you have to do is comment on this post by 11:59 PST tonight. Currently the odds of winning are very good.
- While American was launching a new jet, Delta was saying goodbye to an old one. A few days ago Delta retired their six remaining McDonnell Douglas DC-9 aircraft. CNN has a great article about the jet’s long and storied history.
- Uber is offering $20 for new member sign ups. In the past the bonus has been $10, so this is a good offer. If you use my referral link to sign up then I get $10 or $20 credit depending on when you take your first ride. Either way you get $20! (This is the best offer that I am aware of.) You can also buy $25 worth of Uber credit for $5 on Groupon. If you do that you would end up with $45 in credit for $5. Not bad!
Did I miss something? Is there something that you found interesting that isn’t listed above? Let me know in the comments and don’t forget to enter the contest for a free GoGo internet code!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.