Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Free Gift- What Should I Choose
Alaska Airlines has sent me a “Thank You Gift” for flying with them last year. The email I received allows me to choose from 2 free upgrades, 2 lounge passes or 2 free internet codes.
I am an MVP Gold member due to a status match, so I am not sure if this is for elites or for everyone who flew with the airline last year. The email makes no mention of who is targeted, but if I had to guess I would say it is probably only for elites.
You can see if you have been targeted by visiting this link and logging into your Mileage Plan account.
Since I have an American Express Platinum card from the Ameriprise deal last year I already get lounge access and I have a few internet codes lying around as well. I probably will choose the upgrades for two reasons.
First, it is nice to be able to confirm upgrades when booking. While MVP Gold members do get upgrades up to 72 hours out, they are not guaranteed. Also, the upgrades are transferable if I choose to give them to someone else. (A giveaway perhaps?)
Terms & Conditions
You can find the terms of each of the offers listed below.
- MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades are valid on Alaska Airlines flight numbers 1 – 999.
- Flights must be marketed and ticketed by Alaska Airlines
- MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades are booked into “U” class of service and are subject to availability as “U” class may not be available on all flights.
- “U” class must be available at the time of the request, as MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades may not utilize the upgrade waitlist.
- Tickets purchased in G, R, or T class of service are not eligible for MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades.
- Each MVP® Gold Guest Upgrade code is valid for one-way travel for one person. Connecting flights must have no more than a 4 hour stopover between them.
- MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades may not be used as a placeholder for a Complimentary Upgrade by an Elite Level member. Once an MVP® Gold Guest Upgrade has been processed, you may not remove it in order to be placed on the upgrade request queue, upgrade waitlist, or receive a Complimentary Upgrade based on Elite Level.
- MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades are not available when traveling on an award ticket, including the Money & Miles Award.
- MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades are transferable but may not be bartered, bought, or sold.
- If a flight upgraded with an MVP® Gold Guest Upgrade is changed or canceled, the upgrade is forfeited. A replacement Guest Upgrade code can be requested through Customer Care only by the MVP® Gold to whom it was originally issued.
- MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades are valid through December 31, 2015.
Day Pass policies:
- No guests are permitted with a Day Pass.
- Day Pass is valid through December 31, 2015.
- Day Pass must be used in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel, but such travel may be on any airline.
- The use of a Day Pass may be inhibited during unspecified periods due to irregular operating conditions.
Day Passes are valid at any of the following Alaska Airlines Board Room locations:
- Anchorage International Airport (ANC)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Flight Pass policies:
- Each code is valid for a single flight pass on Alaska Airlines flights 1 – 999.
- Codes are valid through December 31, 2015.
- Offer may not be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Codes will not be replaced.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Codes have no cash value.
To redeem a Gogo Flight Pass:
- When in the air, connect to the gogoinflight Wi-Fi network and launch your browser.
- Choose the “Flight Pass” option, select “Buy” and log in.
- On the Payment Info page, enter your code and select “Apply Code”.
In the end small gifts like these are a great way for a company to build loyalty. I am already a huge fan of Alaska Airlines and this just makes me love them even more.
Were you targeted for this promotion? Which gift should I choose? Let me know in the comments.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.