Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Amazon Launches New Push to Order Device
Amazon really is the company that tries everything. Recently they have launched a number of new initiatives including Amazon Fresh, Prime Pantry and now their Dash Button. The Dash Button serves to bypass your computer when you want to order an everyday item from Amazon.
Amazon describes Dash Button as:
Dash Button comes with a reusable adhesive and a hook so you can hang, stick, or place it right where you need it. Keep Dash Button handy in the kitchen, bath, laundry, or anywhere you store your favorite products. When you’re running low, simply press Dash Button, and Amazon quickly delivers household favorites so you can skip the last-minute trip to the store.
The button is setup through the Amazon app, so despite the logo on the front, you can configure it to purchase any one of over 250 different products. Just in case you accidentally place an order, you will receive a notification on your phone, allowing you to cancel if you want to.
How To Get It
The Dash Button is only available for members of Amazon Prime and is currently on a invitation only system. To apply for an invitation, simply visit the Dash Button site and enter your information.
Prime Members Dash Button Offer—Terms and Conditions
- Limited-time offer.
- Only Amazon Prime members who receive an email from Amazon with an invitation to receive a free Dash Button are eligible for this offer.
- Invitation expires seven days after receipt of the email.
- Offer limited to three Dash Buttons per customer and account while supplies last.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer valid for customers located and with billing addresses in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
I spent the better part of 30 minutes today trying to figure out items to purchase to fill up my Prime Pantry box to take advantage of the $5.99 credit I had. The fact is that I am not in great need of a lot of these products and when I am, Amazon isn’t always the most conveneient or cheapest option.
I’m sure more organized people will love the Dash Button, but I think it is easy enough to head to Amazon.com and purchase what I want without the need for a cleverly branded device stuck to my wall. Despite that, of course I asked for an invitation! Why not?
What do you think?
HT: PC World
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.