$250 Upgrade Bonus for Amex Blue Cash Everyday Card
American Express is sending out upgrade offers to Blue Cash Everyday cardholders. We’ve seen these offers in the past, but more people are being targeted. There’s two different versions of these offers, to upgrade to a Blue Cash Preferred card.
- Earn a $250 statement credit when you upgrade your card to Blue Cash Preferred. Offer valid after you spend $2,000 in purchases within 3 months
- Earn a $150 statement credit when you upgrade your card to Blue Cash Preferred. Offer valid after you spend $2,000 in purchases within 3 months
Offers expire on 11/23/2018.
Amex Blue Cash Preferred Details
- 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6K per year in spend
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores
- 1% cash back everywhere else
- $95 annual fee
The better bonus will give you a $155 profit even after paying the annual fee on the card. Then you can earn 6% cash back at supermarkets on up to $6K per year in spend.
You will get the upgrade bonus even if you’ve had the Blue Cash Preferred card in the past, plus it won’t count as another card towards Chase’s 5/24. On the other hand, you could be forfeiting an often better sign-up bonus on the Blue Cash Preferred card due to the lifetime rule at Amex. The $250 offer is a good one, but I’d be more hesitant on the $150 upgrade offer.
A nice upgrade offer from American Express, especially if you plan to maximize the supermarket category spend. However it is targeted so you need to have received an email in order to qualify. You could also check your accounts online.
Were you targeted? Will you upgrade? Let us know!
HT: Doctor of Credit
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.