Amex Business Gold Spending Offer
American Express is on a roll with targeted business spending offers. Earlier today I covered their awesome new 5X Business Platinum spending offer and it seems they also have one for the Business Gold card as well. Let’s take a look.
- Earn 20,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases with your Business Gold Rewards Card.
- After you earn your first Membership Rewards® points, earn an extra 10,000 points after you spend an additional $5,000 all on qualifying purchases, on your enrolled Card between enrollment date through 10/15/18.
Are You Targeted?
You can check to see if you are targeted for this Amex Business Gold spending offer by visiting this offer link and logging into your account.
Amex Business Gold Spending Offer – Key Terms
- Qualifying purchases on all Cards under a particular Card Account (including the Basic Card as well as any Additional or Employee Cards) are combined for the purpose of calculating the amount of spending that counts towards the Spend Requirement for each tier. Membership Rewards® points for this Offer are credited to the Basic Card Member only.
- You will receive a maximum of a 30,000 Membership Rewards points under this Offer, if you meet the Spend Requirement for both tiers.
- Membership Rewards points for each tier will appear on your billing statement 8-12 weeks after you have met the Spend Requirement for that tier. Limit one offer per Card Account.
- Qualifying purchases are purchases for goods and services. Qualifying purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
Amex Business Gold Spending Offer – Analysis
While the Business Platinum offer gives an extra 5X on the first $5K in spend, this offer gives an extra 4X which is still quite good. I wasn’t targeted for this bonus, but I would do the first tier spend without a second thought.
The decision as to whether go for the extra 2X on the tier 2 offer will depend on how much bandwidth you have and whether you want to use it towards this bonus or towards something else. Either way it’s probably not a great idea to meet this bonus spend by purchasing gift cards given Amex’s recent crackdowns in this area.
I love spending offers and both this one and the Platinum offer are quite good. I’ll definitely be spending to earn some bonus points on my Platinum card and I suspect most Gold cardholders won’t hesitate to take advantage of at least the first tier of this bonus.
Were you targeted for this Amex Business Gold spending offer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
HT: Doctor of Credit
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.