Update: This offer has now expired and the card is not currently available to the public.
Applications Now Live for the Barclays Arrival Premier World Elite Mastercard
The Barclays Arrival Premier World Elite Mastercard is now accepting applications. There has been a lot of talk and speculation about this card in the previous weeks and we finally have confirmed details. Did we get it right? Here are a few of our previous posts:
- Unlimited 2X miles on every purchase
- Each year earn 25,000 loyalty bonus miles after spending $25,000 on purchases
- You’ll earn 15,000 after you spend 15k and the additional 10k miles once you hit 25k spend for the year.
- Ability to transfer miles to travel partners for award tickets
- Apply miles to travel charges for statement credits
- Global Entry Credit
- Lounge Key membership (requires you to pay for lounge access)
- $150 annual fee
Air France/KLM Flying Blue
Japan Airlines (JAL)
The transfer rate is 1.4 arrival miles = 1 miles with all of these programs apart from Japan Airlines. Japan Airlines requires 1.7 arrival miles per Japan airlines mile.
Unfortunately, the card is a bit of a let down in terms of benefits and because there is no sign-up bonus. Additionally, you cannot transfer miles accrued with the Arrival Plus, so that’s a bummer. There is no 5% rebate when you redeem miles for travel purchases as there is with the Arrival+. I also don’t really see lounge access that you have to pay for as a benefit.
There are however a few redeeming characteristics, you earn an unlimited 2 miles per dollar, but the transfer rate is 1.4 (or 1.7) arrival miles to 1 airline mile, this means for every dollar you spend, you could get 1.42 miles. If you take advantage of the big spend bonuses, you can earn 2.14 miles per dollar. That’s pretty great for non-bonus category spend.
HT: Doctor of Credit