Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
These Are the Best Cities for Christmas Celebrations in 2018
Christmas is just around the corner. It is the most popular holiday in the U.S. and one of the most expensive as well. Americans are projected to spend up to $720 billion over the holiday season this year.
To help Americans celebrate Christmas without breaking the bank, WalletHub compared the 100 biggest cities across 31 key metrics. Typical Christmas activities include shopping, dining out and attending holiday events, so the availability of such options can make all the difference. Many people also are likely to attend church services, considering Christmas is a Christian holiday. The more churches around, the less likely each is to be crowded.
Best Cities for Christmas Celebrations
|1||Orlando, FL||11||St. Louis, MO|
|2||Las Vegas, NV||12||Washington, DC|
|3||New York, NY||13||Cincinnati, OH|
|4||Atlanta, GA||14||Birmingham, AL|
|5||Pittsburgh, PA||15||Denver, CO|
|6||San Francisco, CA||16||Houston, TX|
|7||Los Angeles, CA||17||Portland, OR|
|8||Chicago, IL||18||Tampa, FL|
|9||Seattle, WA||19||Miami, FL|
|10||Dallas, TX||20||Austin, TX|
- Fresno, California, has the lowest average price for a Christmas party ticket, $9.00, which is 5.4 times lower than in Plano, Texas, the city with the highest at $48.21.
- New York has the most Christmas events (per square root of the population), 0.0472, which is 29.5 times more than in Wichita, Kansas, the city with the fewest at 0.0016.
- Miami has the most Christmas tree farms (per square root of the population), 0.0225, which is 20.4 times more than in Fort Worth, Texas, the city with the fewest at 0.0011.
- Orlando, Florida, has the most gift shops (per square root of the population), 0.2119, which is 51.7 times more than in Garland, Texas, the city with the fewest at 0.0041.
- New York has the most toy stores (per square root of the population), 0.1312, which is 62.5 times more than in North Las Vegas, Nevada, the city with the fewest at 0.0021.
Orlando came out on top as the best city for Christmas celebrations with Las Vegas and New York City rounding up the top 3.
Are you traveling for Christmas? Let us know where you’re headed.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.