The Best IHG PointBreaks Hotels With Availability Left
The IHG PointBreaks list launched earlier this week. The most coveted properties went in the first few minutes. I wanted to take a look at the best IHG PointBreaks hotels with availability left after the dust settled.
IHG changed the list from strictly 5K per night properties a little while back. It now includes 10K and 15K properties. We had hoped this would mean better hotels but we also feared it was a way to devalue the program. Both are true so far. Better Intercontinental properties have been added but the 5K list has become almost worthless.
List of Best Hotels Left
I dug through the list and checked to make sure there were rooms still available up until the end of November, when a new list will be released. As stated above the 5K properties were pretty much worthless so we will skip over that section. If you see something I should add please let me know in the comments section
Here are some 10K properties I found interesting.
- Holiday Inn Express Paris CDG Airport – Had pretty wide open availability. A lot of flights transit through CDG and this is one of the highest rated airport hotels (3rd on TA). If you have a long layover this could be a good place to rest or for early morning flights. The hotel is too far from the city (30 min without traffic) to make it viable for visiting Paris in my opinion.
- Intercontinental Mendoza Argentina – There were openings on the weekends at the end of November and during the week both months. Located in Argentina’s wine country and surrounded by mountains this could be a great getaway to South America. Mendoza is supposed to have a pretty good art scene as well.
- Candlewood Suites Miami International Airport – It is an airport hotel but it is located in one of the busiest cruise ports in the world. It is perfect for a one night stay before or after you go. It was mostly showing availability during the week.
- Holiday Inn Express Cap Town City Center – Africa and particularly Cape Town are on my list to visit. This looks to be centrally located if you have an upcoming trip planned. It would be perfect if it was directly on the water. It looked like award availability was pretty open.
Holiday Inn Express Malta – I found this one the most interesting in the 10K bunch. I know a lot of people visit Italy and this is a quick flight from Rome. It may be worth a few days visit. Ryanair has flights starting around $30 from Rome to Malta. The hotel looks renovated as well. November was pretty wide open.
- InterContinental Sao Paulo – This hotel seemed to have pretty open availability in October and November
- Holiday Inn Express Calgary – The best thing this hotel has going for it is it’s location. There is a train stop right outside the door and you should be able to get around town fairly easily. It looked wide open for bookings.
- Hotel Indigo Downtown Kansas City – I have a soft spot for KC after checking it out in May for a baseball game. I also have been wanting to hit a Hotel Indigo to check out the brand. This is located just blocks from Power & Light district which is packed full of bars and restaurants. Do yourself a favor and take an Uber to Old Westport. November is wide open right now.
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama – This one was most interesting left on the 15K list in my opinion. I know Shawn loved Panama when he visited on a mileage run a few years back. The hotel was showing good availability both months when I checked.
While the sexiest picks went first there is still a lot of meat left on these bones. Let me know which one you think is the best IHG PointBreaks hotel or if I missed anything in the comments section.