Revamped Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard is Here with 60K/65K Bonuses
We previously wrote about some minor changes that are coming to the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard. The annual fee will be increasing from $95 to $99 and there are a few small positive changes to the cards benefits. Existing cardholders have to wait until July 22 for the new features to kick in, but new customers can already apply today with two bonuses of either 60,000 or 65,000 miles.
There’s two offers available for those who want to get the new Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard. One is public for 60K and the other targeted for 65K miles and $1k more spend.
- Earn 60,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of account opening. Annual Fee: $99, fee waived for the first 12 months. Direct link to offer.
- Earn 65,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $4,000 within the first 4 months of account opening. Annual Fee: $99, fee waived for the first 12 months. Targeted by email.
- 2X AAdvantage miles for every $1 you spend on Restaurants and Gas
- 2X AAdvantage miles for every $1 you spend on American Airlines purchases
- First checked bag free on domestic itineraries
- No foreign transaction fees No foreign transaction fees
- Preferred boarding Preferred boarding on flights
- 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage miles back, up to 10,000 per year
- Reduced Mileage Award scissors Reduced Mileage Awards
- Inflight discount 25% savings on inflight food and beverage purchases
- $100 AA flight discount after you spend $20,000 or more during your card membership year and you renew your card.
American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi® / AAdvantage® card (other than a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card) opened or closed in the past 24 months.
Both offers are similar. With the targeted offer you get 5,000 more miles but you also need to spend $1,000 more. You also have one more month to complete the spending.
The upgraded card will now earn 2X AAdvantage miles for every $1 you spend on Restaurants and Gas and a $100 AA flight discount after you spend $20,000 or more during your card membership year and you renew your card. The fee has been increased to $99 from $95, but it is waived the first year anyway.
Keep in mind that you are not eligible for the bonus if you have opened or closed any Citi / AAdvantage card in the past 24 months.
Check out our Best Offers page to see our picks for airline cards.