Join over 6,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Credit Card Reconsideration
Credit Card Reconsideration Tips & Strategy
Most consumers don’t know that credit card reconsideration is even possible. Many people think the initial denial on a credit card application is final. Thankfully that isn’t always the case. It is possible with just about every bank to “plead your case” in an effort to overturn their decision. Sometimes you are able to speak to someone live who can help and other times you need to request an escalation. This post will arm you with the information you need for a successful credit card reconsideration experience.
Credit Card Reconsideration Phone Call
No matter which method of credit card reconsideration you choose, here are some useful tips to maximize your chances of success based on my experience:
- Be polite, professional and concise.
- Know the benefits of the card you are applying for and why you want that card.
- Address any concerns the bank has head on, but in a respectful way.
- Offer to shift credit lines and/or close existing cards if you really want an approval. Show them that the card itself is important, but that you are not desperate for new credit.
- If you ultimately are still denied, fully understand the reasons why so you can improve the chances of your application being approved the next time.
- The Credit Card Reconsideration Letter – What to Include & A Sample
- Credit Card Reconsideration Strategies When Calling In Fails
- Multi-Bank Guide Reconsideration Phone Numbers
If you have recently been denied for a credit card, then know that there is still a chance of gaining an approval via credit card reconsideration. While it doesn’t always work, by going through the reconsideration process, you will learn more about how banks work and what they are looking for in their customers. No matter whether it results in an approval or a denial, the credit card reconsideration experience will ultimately help you down the line with future applications.
Do you have any credit card reconsideration stories and/or questions? Feel free to share in the comments!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.