Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Great News & A Giveaway
It has taken a little while to complete the process, but I am excited that Miles To Memories has finally joined the BoardingArea network. To celebrate this occasion I want to take the opportunity to introduce the site and give away a $100 Visa gift card along with three “mystery” prizes.
About Miles To Memories
As you can see, there is an “About Us” link at the top so I won’t bother repeating all of that information here. Miles To Memories evolved from my original site Family ‘Round The World. In 2007, my wife, son and I embarked on a 17 months around the world adventure. During much of that trip I blogged about our adventures and experiences.
When we returned home, both my wife and I went back to our careers and for awhile I didn’t write often, but we did continue to travel. In early 2013 the three of us once again left home, this time for a three month backpacking trip through Europe. It was at this time that I decided to begin writing on a regular basis again.
Eventually I decided that a re-branding of the website was needed since so much of my focus and expertise was on miles, points and award travel. The name Miles To Memories is perfect in my opinion since it allows me to write about miles & points alongside the memories that are created with them.
On the site, you can still find every blog post I have written dating back all the way to 2007. I am always open to feedback and love giving advice to those who need it. I have now traveled to over fifty countries with my family and a dozen more on my own. My goal is to have rich and deep travel experiences for the least amount of money possible.
I thought as part of this introduction I would recommend a few posts to help you get to know the site better. I will break my recommendations down into a few categories. This is by no means an exhaustive list of posts, so feel free to explore deeper.
Also, if are just here for the giveaway, scroll down a bit as it is at the bottom of this post!
- The Craziness Of Songkran – Our experience attending the Songkran Festival in Bangkok in 2008.
- Back To The Island Life – Spending some time on Koh Sukhorn in Southern Thailand.
- The Spectacular Great Ocean Road – Our drive along one of Australia’s most scenic roads.
- Words Can’t Describe This Place – Visiting the stunning Milford Sound on New Zealand’s South Island
- Shawn Reece’s Birthday – One of my favorite stories from our trip. A day where everything went wrong.
- Visiting Ephesus – A recount of our visit to the Ephesus ruins in 2013.
- Getting To India – A trip report and reviews of several flights on my way to India earlier this year.
- An Iconic Experience – Crusing Kerala’s Backwater On A Houseboat – A truly magical experience from my visit to India.
There are so many more, if you would like to poke around!
I also love to review hotels. In fact, in the next couple of weeks I will have some reviews of fantastic hotels including the Park Hyatt Tokyo. For now, here are a few of my recent reviews.
- Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Singapore – This is an amazing hotel located right inside of the airport.
- Grand Wailea A Waldorf Astoria Property – A sprawling property in a wonderful area of Maui. Great for families!
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa – Another Maui review, although on a different area of the island.
Family Travel Topics
I have written so much about family travel over the years, so it is hard to narrow it down to a few posts. Here are a couple of recent posts with relevant information. (There is also a ton of family travel information in the travel posts as well.)
- Traveling Families – Finding Hotels That Allow Children For Free – Finding family friendly hotels can be difficult.
- Would You Sleep In An Airport – Sleeping in an airport with children? We have done it a few times.
Miles & Points For Beginners
I have also written quite a few posts geared towards beginners. Here are a few, but there are many more if you are just getting started in this hobby.
- Travel Hacking To Free Hotels – My Recent Redemptions Across 5 Programs – A look at the redemption I made during my 45 day trip earlier this year to India, the Middle East & North Asia.
- Credit Card Reconsideration Strategies For When Calling In Fails – What you can do if calling in still results in a denial.
- $3000 Worth Of Travel For $200 – The Economics Of Our Recent Trip – This is a post from this past week about a recent trip my son and I took.
- Avoiding Pitfalls With The IHG Best Price Guarantee – I share my experiences in making sure at Best Price Guarantee is honored.
- How Your FICO Score Is Calculated – Part of a series for true beginners.
This is just a small sampling of what I have written. Many of my posts on manufactured spending are time sensitive, so I have included some that are still relevant.
- One Way To Offset Manufactured Spending Costs – A look at a strategy to offset the costs of manufactured spending.
- Staples Sells $200 Visa Gift Cards Online & My Experience Ordering Them – My experience with a Staples deal that is still ongoing.
- Sending Up To $1,000 Per Month For Free With Amazon Payments – A basic write-up on Amazon Payments for beginners.
- Manufactured Spend – Is It Worth It? – My recent thoughts on Manufactured Spend
To celebrate Miles To Memories joining the BoardingArea network, I am giving away a $100 Visa gift card along with three “mystery prizes” worth $5-$10 each. Everyone will have the opportunity to get four entries. You will earn one entry for commenting on this post telling me what travel topics you like to read about.
If you comment, then it will unlock the ability to earn three additional entries by utilizing social media. The only required method for an entry is to comment on this post. I also urge you to subscribe to receive our posts once a day via email (form is in the sidebar) and follow me on Instagram where I post all of the photos from my travels.
The contest ends on 6/30/14 at 11:59PM PDT. Each person can only win one prize and the maximum prize value is $100 for the Visa gift card and $10 each for the “mystery prizes”. A winner will be chosen randomly and I make the final determination on eligibility. U.S. residents only. Good luck!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.