HUGE Amex Platinum 100K Bonus Returns - Check now to see if you are targeted.
Monday Morning Miles Talk is a regular series that has some smaller, more quirky ideas to kick off the work week. These are essentially random ideas that I wanted to share with you. Here are the previous entries.
- How To Maximize Your Flexible Spending Account
- Increase Spend For American Express Sign Up Bonuses
- Mining For Lost Rewards
- How I did Selling Those Kohl’s Personal Appliances
- Reselling Apple Airpods at the End of Their Life Cycle
- Unexpected Ways I Have Earned Points
- Can You go to Disney for Free?
- Why I Love Those Best Buy Gift Card Deals
- My love hate relationship with the Google Express offer
- Kroger Gift Card Sale Results
- My 100th Post
How to Get $30 in Free Merchandise From Best Buy
I was searching Best Buy’s website last night looking for some good deals. I had $45 in Best Buy gift cards from their recent gift card sale, and was looking for something to use them on. That is when I stumbled onto a deal they were offering to promote in store pickup. If you play it right you can get $30 in free merchandise.
Details on the Deal
The details of the offer are as follows:
- Offer valid 12/3/17–12/16/17
- Order Store Pickup items totaling $10 or more (before taxes and shipping costs)
- If the items qualify you will get a $10 promotional gift card emailed to you 1/14/18
- Emailed codes are valid until 2/3/18
- Limit of 3 qualified transactions (limit of $30 in savings codes) during the promotional period
- Limit 1 savings code per customer per transaction
- Not valid if your order is canceled
- Not valid if your item(s) are returned
- Not valid on item(s) that are not available for Store Pickup
Here is a list of excluded products:
Products from the following brands are excluded from this Store Pickup offer: Bose®, Boston Acoustics, Breville, Electrolux, Google, Leap, Sonos, and Wacom. In addition, select televisions, sound bars and Blu-ray players from Samsung, Sony and LG, the Dyson Supersonic, select projectors, select Beats by Dr. Dre, and select headphones and portable speakers by Sony are excluded from the offer.
You can find the full terms HERE.
My Plan Of Attack
There is a $5 rebate for $15 in Energizer battery purchases. So I plan to make 3 separate purchases of batteries and designate them for store pick up.
With sales tax the order comes to $16.95. I will get a $10 coupon for a future Best Buy purchase (remember that these coupons work on 3rd party gift cards). I will also get a $5 rebate for the battery purchase. That gives me 20 batteries for an out of pocket cost of $1.95! Pretty nice deal.
There is no notation of the deal when you go to check out, so be aware of that. Keep a screen shot of the deal and hopefully something will be on the receipt when you pick up the order. You could always return the items if you don’t get the email January 14th.
This is a pretty great deal just in time for a little holiday shopping. It could be a great way to get some movies, cd’s, K-Cups etc. for gift exchanges or stocking stuffers etc.
I would suggest only doing the deal if you plan to shop at Best Buy in the future with the coupons. Third party gift card purchases have worked in the past, when using similar coupons, so everyone should be able to take advantage of this. Also make sure you go through a portal when making your purchase. Chase’s Ultimate Rewards portal is at 1 point per dollar and Ebates is at 1%.
Let me know in the comments section if you find a better item to purchase or what you plan to use this on.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.