Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join the MtM Community!
IHG 2018 Point Changes, Almost 700 Hotels Affected
IHG has announced changes coming to award nights at many hotels in 2018. There’s a significant number of hotels that will go up in price, and some that will be reduced. There’s also a new maximum redemption of 70,000 points.
In total there’s almost 700 hotels that are changing. Most changes are increases. There’s 499 properties that will require more points for award nights in 2018 and only 192 properties that are decreasing. Most of these changes affect US properties which account for 437 of the total.
The new maximum rate affects 13 hotels that are going up from 60,000 per night to 70,000. Here’s the list of the most expensive IHG properties:
- InterContinental Paris – Le Grand
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa
- InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora
- InterContinental Hong Kong
- InterContinental – ANA Manza Beach Resort
- InterContinental London Park Lane
- InterContinental The Clement Monterey
- InterContinental San Francisco
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
- InterContinental The Willard Washington D.C.
- InterContinental Boston
- InterContinental New York Barclay
- InterContinental New York Times Square
You can see the full list of changes here.
This is definitely a devaluation of IHG points, which weren’t that valuable to start with. About 10% of the properties they own are going up in prices and some of the most sought after hotels are moving up to the new highest level of 70,000 points per night. There’s no date mentioned on the website, so I’m not sure when these changes will go into effect. Check the list and if you have any planned stays at any of the properties going up in price, book sooner than later.
Let us know what you think.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.