IHG Rewards Club Points & Cash Flash Sale
IHG Rewards Club is offering a flash sale for Points + Cash bookings. It does seem to be targeted though. Let’s take a look.
Get 20% Off Points & Cash – Use as few as 5,000 points to book & save on the cash portion of your stay
How It Works
- Use the search tool on the offer page to find a property
- Choose your hotel and a Points & Cash combination—rates vary per location
- Select your room type & book your stay
- IHG® Rewards Club members must be logged in to receive 20% savings.
- Must book by 10/20/18.
- Stay dates include 10/17/2018-12/20/2018.
- 20% discount is offered at time of booking and only pertains to the cash cost of bookings.
- Bookings for The Venetian® and The Palazzo® hotels are excluded from discounts.
- This offer is subject to the general IHG® Rewards Club membership Terms and Conditions
While the terms don’t say this is targeted, I was only able to get the discount to show on the one account that received the email for this offer. YMMV.
This could be a decent deal if you are a bit short on points. Keep in mind that IHG Rewards Cash + Points bookings are actually just award stays where you pay cash for the extra points. For example in the following scenario I would be paying $108 for 20,000 points or about $.0054 per point. Apparently you can find prices as low as $92 for 20,000 points depending on the property.
Note if you don’t see the discount reflected like in the screenshot above, then you are probably not targeted.
IHG Rewards Club isn’t my go to program, but I stay occasionally due to status gained from their credit card and I always keep a chunk of points in my account to use when needed. I have done bookings like these in the past to get some cheap points, so this can definitely be a way to save money in the right scenario.
Were you targeted?
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.