Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Make a $25 Kiva Loan, Get $25
PayPal and Kiva have teamed up for a new promotion. PayPal customers will get $25 if you make a loan on Kiva. The $25 goes towards a future loan. Let’s check the details.
Here’s how it works:
- Click the Lend Now button
- Make a loan to the entrepreneur you choose
- Receive $25 to lend to another Kiva entrepreneur, courtesy of PayPal
- Receive repayments on your initial loan
- Open only to residents of any one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who: (1) are eighteen (18) years of age or older (or at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of primary residence
- Loan made on the offer microsite on the Kiva.org platform made through the Kiva landing page designated for the offer in the amount of $25 USD or greater.
- Starts at 12:01:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on May 1, 2019 and ends the earlier of (2) 11:59:59 p.m. PT on May 11, 2019 or when the total Reward amount reaches five thousand (5,000) loans.
- “Redemption Period”: Starts at 12:01:00 a.m. Pacific Time on May 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT June 15, 2019.
- A Kiva credit in the amount of USD $25.00 to make another loan using the Kiva.org platform during the Redemption Period to a qualified borrower registered with Kiva on Kiva’s platform and located outside the United States.
- Proceeds from the loan are not payable to Eligible Participants and are instead payable to the Kiva PayPal Donor Advised Fund.
- There is a limit of one (1) Reward per Eligible Participant.
There’s a very small chance that people might default on the loan. That seems to be very rare though. KIVA can be used to increase your spending, but you should have enough cash to float for months as many loans will take a long time to be repaid. The repayment on the second $25 loan goes back to the Kiva PayPal Donor Advised Fund.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.