If You Thought The Name Was Bad Check Out This 90’s Chic Card Art
Last week Marriott introduces the new name for their unified loyalty program that will replaces all three current programs. It’s called Marriott Bonvoy. Today, American Express and Chase announced changes to their credit card portfolios to go along wit the new loyalty program. There’s new card design and some new names that will take some time getting used to such as Brilliant and Boundless.
Amex SPG Cards
On February 13, 2019, the current Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Cards will be rebranded as Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Cards.
New Card Names
- The Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card will now be called the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card.
- The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express will now be called the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card.
- The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express will now be called the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card.
In addition to the current benefits, more benefits will be rolled out this year to further reward and enhance Card Members’ travel experiences:
- Elite Night Credits: As of January 1, 2019, all Cards within the Marriott Bonvoy American Express cobrand Card portfolio will offer Card Members 15 Elite Night credits per year to help reach the next level of Marriott Bonvoy status even faster.
- Limit one 15 Elite Night Credit per Marriott Bonvoy member account; benefit is not exclusive to Cards offered by American Express
- $100 Property Credit: Starting March 28, 2019, Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card Members can get up to $100 in property credits per stay when they use their Card and a special rate code to book 2+ night stays at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis®.
- Additional Free Night Award: Starting March 28, 2019, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card Members can get an additional free night award (valued at up to 35,000 points) when they spend $60,000 or more annually on the Card. With the new enhancements to the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, the Card’s annual fee will increase from $95 to $125 starting on March 28, 2019.
New Welcome Offers
In celebration of the refreshed Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card portfolio, we will be introducing rich offers for both new and existing Card Members.
- 100K welcome offers for Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant and Marriott Bonvoy Business Cards
- Starting February 13, 2019 through April 24, 2019, eligible new Card Members who sign up for the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card or Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card can receive 100,000 points after they spend $5,000 in the first three months of Card Membership.
- Points offer for existing Marriott Bonvoy Card Members
- Starting on February 24, 2019, eligible existing Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card Members can register to earn 25,000 points for every $25,000 in eligible purchases on the Card, up to four times for a maximum of 100,000 bonus points, based on the total amount of purchases starting from when the Card Member registers through the end of the year. Eligible Card Members will soon receive more information about this offer and how to register their Card.
Chase is rebranding the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, now named the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card. Chase will no-longer accept applications for its Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards card. The latter will be called The Ritz-Carlton card.
Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
The new name and look for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card will launch on February 28 with a 100,000 point limited-time offer for new cardmembers. New cardmembers will receive the card with new Marriott Bonvoy Boundless branding starting February 28, and existing cardmembers can expect to receive new cards later this year. The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card will still provide some of the best benefits, value, access and perks, including:
- 6 points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy brands
- 2 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Anniversary free night at eligible hotels (up to 35,000 points)
- No foreign transaction fees
- 15 Elite Night Credits towards the next level of Elite status (new in 2019)
- Over 6,700 properties to choose from worldwide
- Guaranteed Silver Elite Status and a path to Gold Elite Status
- Access to exclusive experiences through the Premier Experience Events platform
- Free in-room premium Wi-Fi
- Special merchant offers through the Chase mobile app (new in 2019)
- Ability to lock/unlock card from the Chase mobile app (new in 2019)
- $95 annual fee
- AND starting February 28 for a limited time, new cardmembers can receive 100,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three months from account opening
With this announcement come additional changes to existing programs after February 13, including:
- Chase will no-longer accept applications for its Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business Credit Card
- A benefit will be added allowing cardmembers to receive an additional free night award after $60,000 in spend each calendar year, valid at any property with a redemption value of up to 35,000 points
- All existing Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business Credit Cardmembers will continue to receive their benefits and be serviced by Chase
- The annual fee will remain $99 Until February 12, the card will continue to offer a 75,000 bonus point offer, a free night anniversary award and more for new cardmembers
- The Ritz-Carlton Rewards card, which stopped accepting new applications in July, will now be called The Ritz-Carlton card
- The $100 luxury property credit will include both The Ritz-Carlton® and the St. Regis® when you book direct using your card starting in April
- On February 13, Chase will become the sole issuer of the premium consumer card, as well as a no-fee consumer card coming this summer.